Legal and Policy Information
Healthway Education Systems strives to maintain the highest level of standards. In order to ensure quality educational cannabis programs and safe patient access, Healthway Education provides complete transparency in regards to its company’s terms of services and privacy policies, as stated below.
Frequently Asked Questions
HES' FAQ section highlights questions regarding Healthway's online and offline educational courses and credit/certifications.
With a course from Healthway Education Systems, in joint providership by Medical Education Resources licensed and non-licensed professionals to include:
*Physicians *Nurses *Pharmacy *Psychology *Parents *Nurse Practioners *Medical Technicians *Caregivers *Counselors *Behavioral Health Professionals Local & State Municipalities *Public and Private Schools
Will benefit from HES course catalog, Certified and Accredited in Comprehensive Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoid Training.
Healthway Education Systems, in joint providership by Medical Education Resources, is recognized by the following associations:
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Medical Education Resources
CREDIT DESIGNATION: Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
TERMS OF SERVICE
The Healthway Education Systems Website is owned or controlled by Healthway Education Systems ("Healthway Education Systems"), although software, hosting and other functions and content may be provided by Healthway Education Systems service providers or other companies affiliated with Healthway Education Systems or by companies that are merely in a business relationship with Healthway Education Systems.
- Permission to Use Healthway Education Systems Website.
If Healthway Education Systems provides you with an access identification number, you may not allow concurrent use of the Healthway Education Systems Website by multiple users utilizing identical user identification numbers, or allow another person or entity to use your user identification number to access the Healthway Education Systems Website.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or similar technological devices or programs, that access the Healthway Education Systems Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Healthway Education Systems servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Healthway Education Systems grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Healthway Education Systems reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases, in its sole discretion.
You agree not to collect or use any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") from the Healthway Education Systems Website, nor use the communication systems provided by the Healthway Education Systems Website for any commercial solicitation purposes, including without limitation to solicit any users of the Healthway Education Systems Website.
You agree not to (a) interfere with or disrupt the Healthway Education Systems Website or any Healthway Education Systems Website servers or networks or (b) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights.
You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, legal or proprietary notice in or on any portion of the Healthway Education Systems Website. You agree to not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Healthway Education Systems Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Healthway Education Systems Website or the Content therein. You will not allow or assist any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to copy or adapt any object code associated with the Healthway Education Systems Website or reverse engineer, modify or attempt to discover any source code associated with the Healthway Education Systems Website.
III. Rules of Conduct.
The Healthway Education Systems Website is designed to help you get insight into the benefits of continuing education on medical cannabis for medical professionals. We want the Healthway Education Systems Website to be a friendly, informative and safe place for all of our users.
By using the Healthway Education Systems Website, you are responsible for conducting yourself in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and agree to abide by the following Rules of Conduct:
- Do not make comments that contain harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, libelous, hateful, racist, sexist, or homophobic language or content, or are otherwise objectionable, such as by using profanity;
- Do not use or post any content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own. This includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet.
- Do not imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Healthway Education Systems or any of its parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies.
- Do not use the Healthway Education Systems Website to harass or stalk any person;
- Do not disrupt other users' enjoyment of the Healthway Education Systems Website;
- Do not post under another person's name or impersonate another person or entity on the Healthway Education Systems Website or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
- Do not make postings that infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, privacy right, right of publicity, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of another person or entity;
- Do not make postings that may be considered spamming or contain chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including the solicitation of lawsuits;
- Do not make postings that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
- Do not make postings that interfere with the operation of the Healthway Education Systems Website, such as broadcast attacks, or attempt to overload the system;
- Do not make postings that contain trade secrets, inside information, proprietary information, or other confidential information learned or disclosed as part of an employment relationship or under a nondisclosure agreement;
- Do not use the Healthway Education Systems Website to discuss how to commit illegal acts or encourage illegal activity of any kind. If someone could go to jail for taking action suggested by you, don't upload or post it.
- Do not post pictures, videos or images that contain individuals other than you. If you choose to upload a photo or video to the Healthway Education Systems Website, make sure they contain only you. Any photos or videos must be appropriate for this Healthway Education Systems Website and must not depict anyone or any entity in an unflattering manner.
- Do not use the Healthway Education Systems Website for a commercial purpose. You may not advertise or promote a product or service. You may not use the Healthway Education Systems Website to raise money for anyone or for a pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme. You agree that you will not monetize any portion of the Healthway Education Systems Website;
- Do not post any job solicitation or offer;
- Do not make or solicit any endorsement of another person or product or company;
- Do not make postings that contain commercial advertising or promotions or junk mail of any kind;
- Do not post any charitable solicitation. The Healthway Education Systems Website is not the place to advertise charitable activity or solicit funds or pledges in connection with any charity, fundraiser or other charitable purpose; and
- Do not offer your own promotions, sweepstakes, contests, etc. on the Healthway Education Systems Website.
- Access to the Community.
In order to participate in the Community, you will need to register for an account. You agree to: (a) create only one (1) account, which you may not share with anyone else; (b) provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating your account; (c) maintain and promptly update your account information; (d) maintain the security of your account by not sharing your password with others and restricting access to your account and your computer; (e) promptly notify Healthway Education Systems if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches relating to the Community or Healthway Education Systems Website; and (f) take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and accept all risks of unauthorized access.
Your invitation to participate in the Healthway Education Systems website is personal and non-transferable. If you register with us, you agree to be responsible for any activities that occur under your account or password, and you agree you will not sell or otherwise transfer your membership or any membership rights, and you hereby release Healthway Education Systems from any and all liability that may arise in connection with your participation. We may refuse to grant to you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address that is already being used by someone else, impersonates another person, belongs to another person (without that person's prior consent), violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, is offensive for any reason, or that we reject for any other reason at our sole discretion. You may have only one screen name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you will be held liable for all activities that occur under your screen name. You will notify Healthway Education Systems if your member name or password has been lost, stolen, or used by another person. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Healthway Education Systems immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monitoring and Enforcement.
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Healthway Education Systems Website, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others, when you submit or post any personal or other information, and in all other online activities.
Healthway Education Systems may record and monitor any telephone or electronic communication for quality assurance purposes.
- Links to Third Party Sites.
Constructive feedback regarding Healthway Education Systems services can be submitted to email@example.com.
Feedback regarding the Healthway Education Systems website, its use or application can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org VIII. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA"), Healthway Education Systems has a designated agent for receiving notices of copyright infringement and Healthway Education Systems follows the notice and take down procedures of the DMCA. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Healthway Education Systems Website, including the Community, infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our Designated Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Healthway Education Systems to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Healthway Education Systems to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you are the content provider and you believe that your content that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or you believe that you have the right to post and use such content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, you must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address; and
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts located in Texas and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Healthway Education Systems may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Healthway Education Systems’ discretion.
Please send your notice of claims of copyright infringement or counter-notices to the following mailing or email address:
Healthway Education Systems 5050 Quorum Drive, Suite 700 Dallas, Texas 75254 email@example.com (888) 767-2707
It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated or if the DMCA requirements have been met. We may request additional information before we remove any infringing material. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, we reserve the right to remove your content along with that of the alleged infringer pending resolution of the matter. Healthway Education Systems will provide you with notice if your materials have been removed based on a third party complaint of alleged infringement. We have a policy of terminating the accounts of users who (in our reasonable discretion) are repeat infringers.
- Your Personal Information.
By registering, using the services (including submitting Postings), or emailing us, you will be supplying us with "personal information." We collect this to administer and help you use the services, send you a password, contact you and keep in touch with you.
- Delays in Services; Force Majeure.
Any delays in or failure of performance by Healthway Education Systems or any of its licensors, service providers or service sponsors (including its and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives and subcontractors) shall not give rise to any claims for damages, or any loss or liability, if and to the extent caused by interruptions due to electronic or mechanical equipment failures, telephone interconnect problems, defects, or occurrences beyond Healthway Education Systems' control, including but not limited to acts of governmental authority, weather, fire, floods, explosions, acts of God, strikes or other concerted acts of workers, riots, armed conflicts, acts of war, or sabotage. Healthway Education Systems shall have no responsibility to provide you access to the Healthway Education Systems Website while interruption of the Healthway Education Systems Website due to any such or similar cause shall continue.
- Equipment and Operation.
You are responsible for providing and maintaining all telephone and other equipment necessary to access the Healthway Education Systems Website, and the costs of any such equipment and/or telephone connections or use, including any applicable taxes, shall be borne solely by you. You shall pay Healthway Education Systems for your use of the Healthway Education Systems Website, and be billed in accordance with your access to the Healthway Education Systems Website. You are responsible for operating your own equipment and for familiarity with the information (e.g., calculations and reports) used with or available through the Healthway Education Systems Website. Healthway Education Systems reserves the right to refuse assistance or to charge additional fees if you seek assistance from Healthway Education Systems with respect to such basic background information or any other matters not directly relating to the operation of the Healthway Education Systems Website. Neither Healthway Education Systems nor its licensors shall have any responsibility to provide you with alternate access to the Healthway Education Systems website if your access is interrupted due to a breakdown or failure of your equipment.
XII. Linking Policy.
XIII. Warranty Disclaimer.
FURTHER, HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT:
- THAT THE HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR IS SUITABLE FOR YOUR NEEDS;
- THAT THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE; OR
- THE ACCURACY OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION IN OR PROCESSED WITH THE HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WEBSITE OR THE RESULTS OF ANY SUCH PROCESSING.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DECISIONS MADE BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DATA, INFORMATION AND RESULTS, AND FOR VERIFYING THE ACCURACY OF SUCH DATA, INFORMATION AND RESULTS FROM INDEPENDENT SOURCES.
XIV. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
NONE OF HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, COST OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMMUNITY, THE HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ASSURE THAT NO VIRUSES OR PROGRAMS WITH SIMILAR FUNCTIONS OPERATE ON, OR ARE PASSED THROUGH THE HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS WEBSITE OR THE ACCESS SOFTWARE. HOWEVER, YOU HEREBY ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY (AND HEREBY HOLD HEALTHWAY EDUCATION SYSTEMS HARMLESS) FOR DETECTING AND ERADICATING ANY VIRUS OR PROGRAM WITH A SIMILAR FUNCTION ON YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, BY WHATEVER MEANS YOU DEEM MOST APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS.
XVII. No Conflicting Terms.
XVIII. Governing Law; Limitations; Venue.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
Admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies.
Healthway Education Systems owns and operates its website and is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its user community. The intent of this Privacy & Non-discrimination Policy is to detail the information Healthway Education Systems may gather about individuals who visit its website, how that information is used, and Healthway Education Systems disclosure practices. Please note that this policy applies only to its website and not to the websites of other companies or organizations to which we provide links or to any software that may be downloaded from Healthway Education Systems website.
Our postal address is: 5050 Quorum Drive, Suite 700 Dallas, Texas 75254 Toll Free: (888) 767-2707
Anonymous User Information Healthway Education Systems collects some anonymous information each time you visit its website so it can improve the overall quality of your online experience. It collects your IP address, referral data, and browser and platform type. You do not have to register with Healthway Education Systems before we can collect this anonymous information.
Healthway Education Systems website does not require you to share information that identifies you personally, such as your name or e-mail address, in order for you to use the website. The Healthway Education Systems website may assign an anonymous ID number to your request(s) and links the following additional data to that number: the date and time you visited the website, your search terms, and the links upon which you choose to click. Like most standard website servers, we use log files to collect and store this anonymous user information. Healthway Education Systems analyzes the information to examine trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Surveys or Contests From time to time, Healthway Education Systems may conduct surveys or contests on a Healthway Education Systems website. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose individual user information to the Healthway Education Systems website. Contest information will be shared with the contest or survey sponsors to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Healthway Education Systems website. We may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests. These companies may use your personal information to help the Healthway Education Systems website communicate with you about offers from the Healthway Education Systems website and our marketing partners. Such third parties do not have Healthway Education Systems permission to use your personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose.
Tell-A-Friend If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about any of our sites, we ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. Healthway Education Systems will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Healthway Education Systems website. Healthway Education Systems does not store the information related to your friends and the one-time e-mail sent pursuant to your input will be our only contact with that person for such input.
Correspondence If you contact Healthway Education Systems, we may keep a record of that correspondence and we may collect your e-mail address.
Third Party Information Gathering The Healthway Education Systems websites Sites contain links to other sites on the Web. Please be aware that Healthway Education Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Cookies Healthway Education Systems may set and access Healthway Education Systems or partner cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small data file that a website may send to your browser and which may then be stored on your system. We may occasionally use both session cookies and persistent cookies. For the session cookie, once you close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
Mergers; Business Transitions In the event Healthway Education Systems goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Choice/Opt-out We desire to keep you in control of the personal information you provide to us. Accordingly, you can review, correct, change or remove the personal registration information you provide to Healthway Education Systems and that Healthway Education Systems controls.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us email at the above address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you supply us with your postal address online you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by calling us at (888) 767-2707.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed online. If you would not like to be contacted, please provide us with your name and phone number to ensure that we remove the correct person from the list.
If, however, we are going to use Individually Identifiable Information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users by posting a notice on our website for 30 days.
Special Notification with respect to Children’s Privacy (Users under the age of 13) In response to concerns about protecting children’s privacy online, Congress enacted the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), which sets forth rules and procedures governing the ways in which websites may collect, use and disclose any personal information for children under the age of 13. In accordance with Healthway Education Systems policy and COPPA regulations, we DO NOT:
Request or knowingly collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age; or Knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years of age with third parties. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately delete the information from our servers.